11 February 2010

Kitchen Project #8: I Ain't No Challah-back Girl

Having been raised in the suburbs under two different churches (South American Catholic and Be Nice to Everyone... Especially Children) my first encounter with challah didn't occur until 2006.

I was a sophomore in college when my neighbor received a package from home just in time for a High Holiday. Everyone in our hallway rushed to room 217, eager to feast. Apparently they knew all about challah and how superior it was to other loaves.  So, I did what any other nineteen-year-old would do, I lied.

"Oh, would you mind if I had a slice, too? I totally love challah!" I blurted-- imitating my hall-mates as best I could.

Mere moments after uttering that fib, I was offered a slice of the golden food of the gods, and my life, as I knew it, was forever altered.




Counting my chickens.


Pre and post-knead



I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for the french toast that will happen this weekend.

Recipe via Smitten Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics