04 January 2010

Wait, Wait! Did I tell you about?

Just like the rest of you, I am looking ahead, hoping for a bright and shiny tomorrow. But just for a sec, would you hold off the resolutions and forward thinking? This wonderful list slipped through my attention last week and I would really like to share it with you.

Click on the linked title to see Ms. Lamy's descriptions.

Nicole Lamy's "10 unforgettable books of the decade"


“White Teeth’’ by Zadie Smith


“Interpreter of Maladies’’ by Jhumpa Lahiri 


“A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius’’ by Dave Eggers 


“The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay’’ by Michael Chabon 



“A Problem From Hell: America and the Age of Genocide’’ by Samantha Power 


“My Name Is Red’’ by Orhan Pamuk, Translated by Erdag Goknar 


“The Known World’’ by Edward P. Jones 


“Gilead’’ by Marilynne Robinson 


“The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals’’ by Michael Pollan 


“2666’’ by Roberto Bolano, Translated by Natasha Wimmer 


Okay, phew. Thank you for letting me get that out of my system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics