05 April 2010

Written and Illustrated by Mark Crick
Published by Harcourt
[image via]

Today seemed like a normal Monday. Monday is my day off and normally I spend it in a coffee shop or running errands. (My life is both fulfilling and thrilling, huh?) Well, today I opted for a morning of coffee shop dwelling and an afternoon of browsing at my favorite new-to-me bookshop. An hour and $8 lighter, I emerged with two very cool titles, the coolest of which is pictured above. 

Kafka's Soup: A Complete History of World Literature in 17 Recipes is an idea so great, so perfectly suited to my tastes, so perfectly produced, that upon discovering it I uttered a "whoa, seriously?" OUT LOUD.

Here's a teaser: 

"Tarragon Eggs 
a la Jane Austen
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • Ground pepper
  • Pinch of salt
It is a truth universally acknowledged that eggs, kept for too long, go off. The eggs of Oakly Farm had only recently been settled in the kitchen at Somercote, but already Mrs B--was planning a meal that would introduce them to the neighborhood with what she hoped would be universal acceptance." 

Now, not to get all girlish and predictable, but...I KNOW! RIGHT?! So dreamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics