01 April 2010

Well, I heard that Borders was having quite a lovely week and on my way home from one nanny job this afternoon I decided give the mega-store some extra moola. You know, to sock away for a rainy day. I stopped by for a some birthday shopping.

If ever I doubt my desire to work in publishing all I need to do is take a trip to the bookstore and plant myself in the children's section. Each sight and sound serves as an affirmation that I am, in fact, still madly in love with books and what they do for others. (Phew!)

Today I picked up the following:

Hug Time by Patrick McDonnell (LBYR)

"The world is so big...and yet so very small, it's time that we embrace it all. That's something that we all can do. Start with the one who's closest to you."


Oh, Baby! Go, Baby! by Dr. Seuss (Random House Books for Young Readers)
Image via

" Congratulations! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting So...get on your way!" 

Because what else does a 1-year-old need to hear on his birthday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics