14 April 2010

Kitchen Happenings

Oh my! So it's been a while.

I have a growing list entitled "but seriously, blog about this" and the list just keeps growing and growing. And the blogging? It just keeps shrinking and shrinking. Well, this...this is a start.

My kitchen has been hoppin' for the past few weeks. Here's what I caught on film:

 [coffee toffee recipe via Smitten Kitchen]

What: deliciously lush toffee with a hint of coffee (topped with toasted almonds)/ Why: a housewarming fete for the record books/ When: last weekend/ Recipe review: 10! This was my third time making this. It's foolproof toffee and the coffee is pure genius.

 [Caramel Cake via Lottie and Doof]

What: creamy yet fluffy buttermilk cake with an oozy caramel glaze. Yup. Creamy, oozy fluff. Can you even handle it?/ Why: because I've had this cake bookmarked for MONTHS, and truth be told, sometimes you just need a buttermilk cake with a caramel glaze. Right?/ When: a lazy Sunday night/ Recipe review: a 7. The cake is baller but it took a while to get the glaze to the right consistency.

 [Black and White Cookies via Joy the Baker]

What: the best of both worlds/ Why: I needed a shippable birthday gift/ When: last night, 11pm/ Recipe review: a 6. I'd add a tsp of lemon juice to the cookie dough AND the vanilla glaze.

So that's a slice of what I've been up to. I'll be back blogging within the week. In the meantime, I've started a tumblr to house all the reblogs and photographic spillover.

Check back, por favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics