19 April 2010

The Best Sites for News Roundups

I'm a bit of a bloghead.

If you happen to be reading this you're probably a bit of a bloghead yourself.

I subscribe to an embarrassingly high number* of book blogs.

But sometimes I just don't have the time to sift through it all. For instance, since I nanny on weekends, I rarely read the reviews in their entirety. (Shame! Shame! Shame!) When I don't have the time I go to a few trusted sources for roundups:

  1. The Book Bench: A long-time favorite of mine, The Book Bench is the blogging arm of the New Yorker and the "in the news" posts are always funny, always informative, and always welcomed.
  2. Bookninja: If you like your news with a heaping side of sarcasm, Bookninja should be your bag (er, blog). The news posts are quick but also representive of the day's events.
  3. Huffington Post: In my opinion (however weighty you think it to be) HuffPo knows blogging like the back of its virtual hand. In the olympics of social media, HuffPo is Michael Phelps (pre-scandal)--swift, effective, and always interesting. I'm a big fan of the condensed reviews.
  4. Nathan Bransford Literary Agent: While this is a particuarly great blog in its own right, I normally head on over to NBLA for his "This Week in Publishing" posts. Say you were without power for an entire week. Or maybe stranded somewhere without cell service. Well, if your power and service managed to resurface by Friday (when these posts go up) you'd be all caught up in just a few minutes.
  5. Omnivoracious: The blogging branch of Amazon.com, Omnivoracious produces great review roundups, daily news piles, and kidlit compilations.

*Too many to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics